Updated 15 January
Due to an increase in Community Transmissions in Greater Sydney there has been changes to how we are able to worship, with more restrictions from late December 2020
Worshipping in person safely with COVID precautions
1.Worship in person only if you are well
If unwell, get tested and worship online at home
All attending worship will have their temperature checked as a precaution
2. Register for worship
a. Online at https://reopen.church/r/0felfJjM
b. At the door
By registering online you will guarantee that your household will have a place (based on 4 metre square rule, we have a capacity of 35 people) and this will make entry quicker.
It is a compulsory requirement to register if you are attending face to face worship for NSW Health Contact tracing.
3. Wear a mask
a/Wearing a mask is now legally required by NSW Health for those attending worship services. Singing is again not permitted by the congregation. For our services we will have singing by a soloist or band to assist you in reflecting on the music.
b/Wearing a mask is one of the ways that reduce the risk of covid19 transmission
c/Paper disposable masks are more comfortable when the temperature is above 30 degrees..
d/Our preacher, worship leader, bible readers and singers will wear masks, except when communicating so that we all can hear clearly.
4.Practice Great Hygiene
a/Wash and sanitise your hands (we have hand sanitiser at the front door and in the worship space, but also think about bringing your own
b/Cough into your elbow and if you have a persistent cough leave the room
c/Do not leave any tissues, rubbish or other items in the pews.
5.Practice Social Distancing where possible
Where possible be 1.5 metres from people from other households. This is likely not to be possible in all circumstances, in these instances it is recommended that you wear your mask.
We are limited to 35 people (plus essential workers) at St Paul’s due to the 4 metre square rule
Updated 4 September 2020
We have returned to face to face worship at St Paul’s Sydney Lutheran Church on Sundays at 10:30am.
So that we can worship well and safely there are a number of changes that will affect all of us.
- The service will be livestreamed and recorded so that people who can’t attend for any reason can still worship with us. Whilst the cameras will be focused on the sanctuary area, there maybe times when congregation members are filmed.
- We will need to register to attend worship for contract tracing purposes and so we can worship legally. To register visit https://reopen.church/r/0felfJjM then select the worship service you and your household wish to attend. People from other households should register separately. For anyone who does not have internet access they can either ask a friend to register them or they can contact our church office 02 9331 1822. We recommend that you register as early as possible, before Sunday and if you are unable to attend please also advise us as places are limited.
- We are limited to 35 people plus essential people serving us attending worship services in the church and balcony area, we are also limited to 20 people in the hall.
- When we attend worship the Front Door welcomer will check our registration. If we are not registered we may still be admitted provided there is sufficient capacity.
- Our temperature will be checked when we enter.
- We will be asked to wash or sanitise our hands on entering worship.
- If we are unwell including symptoms of covid19, the flu or a cold we ask that you do not attend worship.
- We are being asked by the government to wear masks during worship. At times the pastor, bible readers and solo singers may not wear a mask for part of the service.
- Communal singing is not permitted in NSW, instead we will either hum or reflect on the words of the song.
- We are required to abide by social distancing, which means households can sit together, but non-household members need to be 1.5 metres apart.
- Due to social distancing the way we greet each other, receive Holy Communion and collect offerings will be different. We do encourage everyone if possible to give using regular electronic giving. More information is available on our giving page
- After service – we will be offering bottled water and prepackaged snack. We need to be seated, as general mingling and standing around is being discouraged.
- If you do test positive for covid or another transmittal disease/virus you are to advise us immediately by phoning 02 9331 1822 and the health authorities.
- If you are unable to worship face to face for any reason you are encouraged to worship online and contact Pastor Richard 02 9331 1822 so we can arrange alternative ways of pastoral care for you, including receiving Holy Communion.
Should you have any questions or queries regarding returning to face to face worship or live streaming worship please feel free to contact Pastor Richard 02 9331 1822.
Please note: We appreciate there are many personal opinions regarding how to respond to Covid19, We will take any suggestions you have into consideration when making decisions, please remember though that these will be considered along with the government requirements (including our Covid19 safety plan), what is possible for us and what will help people continue growing as disciples of Jesus.
These changes have been put into place for your safety and the safety of others.
Remember as Christians we live to love God and to love others as much as we love ourselves.