Generous giving is one of the key marks of Jesus’ disciple.
2 Corinthians 9:7-8 encourages us to see how we should approach giving and how God uses our giving;
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 8 And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
The reality is the mission and ministry of St Paul’s Sydney and Redeemer Narraweena depends on everyone giving. We are all called to be contributing to God’s mission and ministry in whatever way we can.
4 ways to give to ST PAUL’S SYDNEY CITY
- Own internet banking, phone banking or at your local branch set up a regular offering (weekly, fortnightly, monthly). Instruct you bank to transfer your offerings to St Paul’s Sydney REG Account BSB 704942 Account: 100369413 on a regular basis.
- Complete the LLL REG form and post it to LLL authorising them to deduct the offerings from your nominated bank account on a regular bases. The form is available here.
- St Paul’s LCA Donation page where you can make a one offering using a credit or debit card.
- Post cheques to St Paul’s Sydney Lutheran Church, PO Box 416 Darlinghurst 1300.
2 ways to give to REDEEMER NARRAWEENA
- Own internet banking, phone banking or at your local branch set up a regular offering (weekly, fortnightly, monthly). Instruct your bank to transfer your offering to Redeemer Narraweena’s Account BSB 062127 Account: 10019675 on a regular basis.
- Post cheques cheques to Redeemer Narraweena Lutheran Church, PO Box PO Box 6157 Narraweena NSW 2099.
Please remember the principles of Christian giving
We give –
- from what we have access to (Luke 21:1-4).
- returning to God what He has already given us (Psalm 24:1, Malachi 3:8).
- supporting God’s ministry and mission as a collective (Romans 15:23-32).
- of our first fruits and portion of what we receive (Proverbs 3:9-10, 1 Corinthians 16:2).
- not to receive something from God, but because He has already blessed us and to bless others in His name (Genesis 12:2, Matthew 10:5-8).
- cheerfully and generously (2 Corinthians 9:6-11, Matthew 25:14-30).
- so others will become disciples of Jesus (Matthew 28:16-20).
We understand that everyone is different, and that some people are in a better position to give very generously, whilst others would love to but can’t. That is OK . We are not asking you to give from what you do not have, rather encouraging to give in ways you can. (If you want to learn how you might be able to help in ways apart from financial giving please contact Pastor Richard). Also if you find yourself in a difficult financial situation please feel free to contact Pastor Richard 02 9331 1822, so he can explore with you ways you can receive some help and support.