Like most congregations we rely mostly on offerings from those attending worship. Approximately 65% of our offerings are placed on the offering plate during worship, the other 35% has been people regularly giving electronically.
We encourage you and all who have been giving to St Paul’s offering to move towards giving regularly and electronically during this time when we are unable to meet in person. This will enable us to continue ministry and mission during these times to you, others and the wider community. Most of our costs will not change, but we do have some extra costs to enable us to provide online worship, online bible studies and to keep connecting with you and others.
There are a number of ways you can set up your online giving:
To give to ST PAUL’S SYDNEY CITY
- Through your own internet banking, phone banking or at your local branch set up a regular offering (weekly, fortnightly, monthly) transferring your offering to St Paul’s Sydney REG Account BSB 704942 Account: 100369413 or
- Complete the LLL REG form and post it to LLL authorising them to deduct the offerings from your nominated bank account. The form is available here
- Make a one off offering using a credit or debit card on St Paul’s LCA Donation page
Alternatively you can forward your cheques to St Paul’s Sydney Lutheran Church, PO Box 416 Darlinghurst 1300. Please make your cheques payable to St Paul’s Sydney Lutheran Church.
To give to REDEEMER NARRAWEENA
- Through your own internet banking, phone banking or at your local branch set up a regular offering (weekly, fortnightly, monthly) transferring your offering to Redeemer Narraweena’s Account BSB 062127 Account: 10019675 or
Please remember the principles of Christian giving
- we give from what we have access to (Luke 21:1-4)
- we are returning to God what He has already given us (Psalm 24:1, Malachi 3:8)
- we give to support God’s ministry and mission as a collective (Romans 15:23-32)
- we give of our first fruits and portion of what we receive (Proverbs 3:9-10, 1 Corinthians 16:2)
- we give not to receive something from God, but because He has already blessed us and to bless others in His name (Genesis 12:2, Matthew 10:5-8)
- we give cheerfully and generously (2 Corinthians 9:6-11, Matthew 25:14-30)
- we give so others will become disciples of Jesus (Matthew 28:16-20)
We understand for some people, because their circumstances have changed, that they are unable to continuing giving at the level they previously have been. We are not asking you to give from what you do not have, but rather encouraging to give in ways you can. (If you want to learn how you might be able to help in ways apart from financial giving please contact Pastor Richard)
Also if you find yourself in a difficult financial situation please feel free to contact Pastor Richard 02 9331 1822, so he can explore with you ways you can receive some help and support.